Babelsberg Film Park
The seasonal amusement park “Babelsberg Film Park” is located in the Babelsberg district of Potsdam. The park is one of the sights of the city of Potsdam. Here you will find information about the park, the attractions, the shows and the events. You can also book day tickets for the film park and events here.
Table of Contents
Babelsberg Film Park | Hollywood in Germany
The Filmpark is a touch of Hollywood in Germany. The Babelsberg studio in Potsdam-Babelsberg is the oldest large-scale film studio in the world. It was founded in 1912. And with an area of around 460,000 square meters, it is the largest film studio in Europe.
Many famous films were produced in Babelsberg. These include Metropolis, Der Blaue Engel, Sonnenallee, Das Bourne Ultimatum, Operation Walküre, Eddie the Eagle, Der Ghostwriter, Cloud Atlas, Monuments Men, Berlin Station and Babylon Berlin as well as the Oscar-winning films Die Fälscher, Der Vorleser, Inglourious Basterds and Grand Budapest hotel.
Today the Babelsberg studio is part of the so-called media city of Babelsberg. Around 2,000 people from the film and media industry work there. Many institutions are also based in Babelsberg:
- the film university Babelsberg “Konrad Wolf”,
- the broadcasting center of Rundfunk Berlin-Brandenburg (rbb),
- the ZDF state capital studio Brandenburg,
- the seat of the German Film Orchestra Babelsberg,
- the German Broadcasting Museum,
- the German Broadcasting Archive
and many other film production companies, agencies and through smaller businesses.
Theme park with many attractions
he theme park has over 20 film-specific attractions, four sensational shows, a 4D and XD cinema, original backdrops and numerous original film sets as well as exhibition areas on film and the craft of film. The following events are currently being offered in the park. The event program can change.
Events in the Babelsberg Film Park
- Studio tour – tour of the media city
- Treasure trove of film, props and characters from famous films (Caligari exhibition)
- Sandman exhibition and glass studio
- Film sets of several films (mostly DEFA productions)
- Little Muck’s Gardens: Replica of the sets of the DEFA fairy tale film The Story of Little Muck (1953) based on original plans
- Games world in “Münchhausen’s Schlemmergarten” with bumper cars, adventure simulator and bumper boats
- Jungle adventure playground for little guests
- Metropolis – 4D action cinema and others with three-dimensional short films
- Game world
- The small farm “- training of film animals with film animal show
- TV show, interactive live show about the creation of a TV magazine Panama – boat trip through the world of Janosch
- Bartertown – stunt show in an event arena modeled on a volcanic crater
- Original witch house from the ARD fairy tale film Hansel and Gretel (2012)
- Caligari-Halle with the lucky dragon Fuchur from The Neverending Story 3 – Salvation from Fantasies (1994) and the original rotary model from the remake of Andreas Dresen’s Timm Thaler or the sold laugh (2017)
- “Prinz Eisenherz” adventure restaurant, original set from the German-American film Prinz Eisenherz (1997)
- “Jim Knopf” Adventure Playground
Boredom is impossible. There are also restaurants and snack bars as well as shops that invite you to shop.
Event search, tickets and tours
You need tickets to visit the Babelsberg Film Park. You can conveniently order day tickets in advance via our partner Ticketmaster. If you would like to attend a special event, please order your ticket through our partner Eventim . If you want to book a guided tour to the park, we recommend our partner GetYour Guide. A lot of positive feedback speaks for itself.
Address and contact details
Großbeerenstraße 200, 14482 Potsdam
Visit the park’s official website for more information.